Choosing Products: Microwave Oven and Warming Drawers Part II
April 20, 2018
Cook food fast and keep it warm with these savvy cooking appliances. New models offer a variety of smart features and stylish looks
• Speed cook and/or convection models that cook food fast and evenly. They can operate like a second oven since you can use them for baking and browning, but they also come with a higher price tag.
• Programmed settings for items such as popcorn, pizza, and baked potatoes
• Sensors that turn the oven off automatically when the food is done
• Easy-to-clean features, such as a removable turntable, nonstick interior, and grease filters
• Warming lamp to help keep food warm after it’s cooked
Some ranges include warming drawers, but you can also purchase warming drawers separately and install them within cabinetry near your range or wall oven. Look for options such as adjustable humidity levels that can keep food from drying out, concealed controls that provide a seamless look, and stainless-steel interiors for easy cleanup. Some models offer additional features, such as bread proofing functions, or even slow-cook functionality.